Humanity at a Crossroads: Climate, Justice, and Environmental Impact
Powered by the University Libraries. Starting in 2015, the Interdisciplinary Dialogues have addressed such important issues as income inequality, immigration, social media and elections, and sex and gender in academia.
Today, the climate crisis is propelling burning forests, rising sea levels, melting Arctic ice, and dying coral reefs. This defining crisis continues to charge human conflict, inequity, and disruption.
Join us for a conversation on how University of Maryland researchers are exploring, uncovering, and tackling these challenges locally and abroad.
- Dr. Dana Fisher, Professor of Sociology and the Director of the Program for Society and the Environment
- Dr. Jennifer Hadden, Associate Professor in the Department of Government and Politics
- Dr. Marccus Hendricks, Assistant Professor at the School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation and the Director of the Stormwater Infrastructure Resilience and Justice (SIRJ) Lab
- Dr. L Jen Shaffer, Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology. Faculty Advisor for the Environmental Science and Policy Program’s Culture and Environment concentration
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- 1:00PM - 2:30PM
- Online via Zoom