As a student researcher, it might be critical for you to know at least one powerful statistical software to succeed in your field. Knowing R language is one of the best options for most individuals. R is an extremely powerful, versatile and best of all FREE statistical package that runs on Windows, Macintosh and Unix platform, which you can continue using after your graduation. Join this workshop and gain a hands-on experience on learning R!
This workshop will cover:
- An overall introduction to R
- Basic mathematical functions
- Summary statistics and summary report
- How to create graph in R
- Regression analysis in R
This workshop is organized by the statistical consulting team in McKeldin Library. All students are welcome. It is okay if you don’t have programming experience.
- Please bring your own laptop. (If you don’t have a laptop, we will provide one)
- Before the workshop, download both R and Rstudio:
- R can be downloaded at https://www.r-project.org/
- Rstudio Desktop (Open Source License, the free one) can be downloaded at https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/